Sponsored by China Mining Association (CMA)
About Chinese Contribution
 
   
   

Home >> News >> Headlines

Indonesia's Bumi Resources Minerals in talks to sell unit stake to Chinese firm

(Reuters)
Updated: 2014-07-01 14:50
Counter:

    Indonesia's PT Bumi Resources Minerals Tbk is in talks to sell a 29 percent stake in its zinc and lead mining unit to a Chinese firm to pay off debt, a top company official said on Monday.
   
    Bumi Resources Minerals currently owns 80 percent of PT Dairi Prima Mineral, which mines zinc, lead and silver in northern Sumatra. The remaining 20 percent is held by compatriot miner PT Aneka Tambang Tbk.
   
    Bumi Resources Minerals is negotiating with China Nonferrous Metal Industry's Foreign Engineering and Construction Co Ltd for the sale of the stake.
   
    "We are calculating the valuation. Dairi Prima's project value is around $400 million, so the company's valuation is far higher," Bumi Resources Minerals President Commissioner Saptari Hoedaja told reporters.
   
    Bumi Resources Minerals, majority-owned by Indonesian coal miner PT Bumi Resources Tbk, owes nearly $450 million to Credit Suisse, a company spokesman said.
 

Relating

Comment: Name ValidCode View Comment
     
  Copyright 2001-2010. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Mining Association (CMA). Without written authorization from CMA, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
If you have any suggestion or opinion, please contact us: (8610) 66557688 or
english@chinamining.org
Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution is suggested for this site. Mail Server